Our 2024 Workshop will be held on February 10th at the Aviator Hotel & Conference Center and will provide instruction for beginning and experienced beekeepers. The courses will focus on beekeeping as a craft, and the biology of the honeybee as a super-organism. Price includes continental breakfast and lunch.
The Beginners Beekeeping Course. Intended for persons with no prior beekeeping experience. This class will cover all aspects of basic beekeeping to prepare students to start beekeeping in the spring.
The Experienced Beekeepers Course. Tailored towards intermediate and expert level beekeepers and will place special emphasis on biology, queen rearing, swarming, and colony behavior.
To Support New Beekeepers. EMBA sponsors cooperative purchasing of complete beginners’ equipment kits, nucleus colonies, and queens for delivery in the spring, along with field workshops throughout the season at the Club’s teaching apiary.Key Note Speakers
Program for the Evening
6:00 - 7:00 Reception and Cash Bar
- Enjoy sharing beekeeping stories, asking beekeeping questions and visiting with the workshop faculty
7:00 - 8:00 Welcome and Dinner
- Featuring a New Orleans inspired menu
- Jambalaya with Shrimp and Sausage, Muffuletta’s with Olive Spread, Hushpuppies, Red Beans & Rice (Vegetarian), Sauteed Peppers Zucchini & Onions, Green Salad with Dressings, Creole Chicken Dish, Brownies, and Cheesecake with Praline Sauce.
- Coffee, Tea, Water, and Soda. Option to purchase drinks from bar.
8:00 - 8:45 Keynote Speaker
- Michael Chippendale - The Honeybee: 400 Years in the US
8:45 - 9:00 Attendance Prize Drawings
- Great beekeeping stuff from our vendors
Cash Bar Available | Attire: Business Casual Suggested | We have the Mardi Gras Beads!