Mentoring Program – Mentee Sign Up
February 1, 2020 - April 30, 2020
REGISTRATION FOR THE MENTORING PROGRAM TAKES PLACE FROM FEBRUARY TO APRIL. REGISTRATION HAS PASSED FOR 2019.
The Eastern Missouri Beekeepers Association has a mentoring program to assist new beekeepers develop their beekeeping skills by introducing them to an experienced beekeeper who will help them one on one during their first year.
If you are a first year beekeeper, have attended the EMBA Beginners’ Beekeeping Workshop (or the equivalent), and would like to be introduced to an experienced beekeeper in your geographic area, please RSVP (at the bottom of the blue box) to register as a Mentee. You will then be enrolled in our free mentoring program, and contacted by a EMBA mentor. They are a valuable resources when you are learning about installing nucs, doing inspections, and trying to identify activity that you’ve observed in your colonies. Frequently, mentors will answer questions, direct you to resources, possibly visit your hives or host you at their own, and meet with you at club meetings and field work days. The amount of contact and the type of mentoring interaction will depend in large part on communication between Mentor and Mentee.
As a beekeeping Mentee, you must be a member of EMBA, have attended the EMBA Beginners’ Beekeeping Workshop and be willing to:
– Become familiar with beekeeping terms
– Participate in club activities and hands-on inspections, including at the Danforth Apiary
– Maintain hive inspection sheets and logs to provide reference
– Build your library
– Be a Beekeeper, don’t just Have Bees
– Respect your Mentor’s time: Keep good records, and consolidate multiple questions into single calls.
– Stick with it, ask questions, read, read, read, and Never Give Up!
If you have additional questions about the Mentoring Program please contact firstname.lastname@example.org