May Great Plains Master Beekeeper’s Open Apiary Day
May 19 @ 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Open Apiary times are an informal, unstructured gathering of members of the Great Plains Master Beekeeping program. There will be brief demonstrations, questions and answers, and time to get hands-on experience with beehives. Open Apiary will count as 2 hours of field training toward your progress through the Great Plains Master Beekeeping program.
All participants must be a member of either:
- Saint Louis Beekeepers,
- EMBA ,
- Great Plains Master Beekeepers program,
- Hives to Heroes and Heroes to Hives.
Anyone participating in the hive inspections will need to have your own protective gear and sign a release form before entering the bee yard.
All participants must RSVP before each class with name, phone number and number of participants. Email Ken Heitkamp to RSVP
Ken Heitkamp. firstname.lastname@example.org.
Anyone participating in the hive inspections will need to have their own protective gear and sign a release form before entering the bee yard.
All hive inspections will be during the 1st hour at Isabee’s bee yard. The 2nd hour will be in Isabee’s meeting room going over the topics for that month, other areas of concern. Question and Answer.
- Hive inspection: Main Honey Flow in bee yard
- In class topics: Supering for honey
- Catching swarms
- What progress should a package or nuc look like
- Demaree method for swarm control
- Plants that are important in our area for honey production
- Question and answer