- This event has passed.
Honey Removal & Extracting Workshop
August 3 @ 8:00 am - 2:00 pm
Don’t miss this FREE opportunity to learn all aspects of Honey Removal!
Honey Super Removal at the EMBA Danforth Plant Science Center Apiary
Extraction Workshop at Camp Wyman in Eureka
The operation will begin at 8:00 AM at the Danforth bee yard, teaching how to remove the honey supers from the
Club’s teaching hives and then transporting them to Camp Wyman in Eureka for extraction starting at approx. 10:30 AM. Everyone is welcome to attend at either or both locations, and you will have the opportunity to participate in removing the honey supers, uncapping, & extracting. Protective gear is required for those entering the bee yard. Please call John Pashia at 314-669-1828 if you have any questions.
Directions to EMBA Teaching Apiary: 975 N Warson Rd, St. Louis, MO 63132
The Apiary is located just off the west parking lot of the Danforth Plant Science Center complex, at the corner of Olive & Warson Rd. Enter from the Olive Blvd. entrance and follow the lane left to the west parking lot.
CLICK HERE FOR A MAP TO THE APIARY
Directions to Camp Wyman from St. Louis, MO
– Take Interstate 44 West to th MO-109/MO-W Exit #264
– As you exit, turn right onto HWY 109.
– Make a left turn at the second stoplight onto E. North Street
– Turn right at the stop sign onto Forby Road
– Follow Forby Road to the entrance of Kiwanis Camp Wyman
– Take a right and drive up the hill just outside the entrance sign for the camp.