- This event has passed.
August 4 @ 8:00 am - 3:00 pmFree
REGISTER FOR EXTRACTAGANZA BY FILLING OUT THE INFORMATION AT THE BOTTOM OF THE BLUE BOX.
Join fellow beekeepers for a fun and educational event to extract the your 2019 honey harvest. Even if you are not extracting, you are welcome to come observe and talk bees.
Register to bring up to 4 supers of honey from your hives to extract with the help of experienced beekeepers. You will need containers to hold your honey & cappings wax for you to transport it home.
You will sign up for a specific session to extract your honey, but please stay all day for lunch and enjoying the beautiful surroundings that Camp Wyman has to offer.
Date: Sunday, August 4, 2019
Time: 8:00 AM – 3:00 PM with extraction sessions starting at 8:00 AM, 10:00 AM & 1:00 PM.
Location: Camp Wyman
Come whenever you want & stay all day, to visit with other beekeepers and to enjoy the beautiful scenery & good food. Plan on extracting at the time on your reservation. We hope a lot of our experienced club members will join us for a fun day helping others extract their honey.
Lunch will be served at Noon.
What to Bring if you are extracting:
– Honey Supers. Please wrap each super individually in a plastic bag. Please also label each super with your name. If you saved the cardboard boxes from your hive parts, they will fit the super, and are easy to carry.
– Honey Buckets. You will need to bring at least 2 buckets with tight-fitting lids. Bring a 3 ½ or 5 gal. food-grade plastic bucket and lid for each full super of honey (available as surplus from bakeries or for sale by beekeeping supply vendors). If you want to save your wax, bring one bucket and lid to carry your cappings (it will hold all your wax).
Where to bring the supers: Upon arrival, follow the signs to parking or super drop off. You don’t want to carry your supers from the parking area.
Restrictions: Please do not bring pets.
Directions to Camp Wyman from St. Louis, MO
– Take Interstate 44 West to th MO-109/MO-W Exit #264
– As you exit, turn right onto HWY 109.
– Make a left turn at the second stoplight onto E. North Street
– Turn right at the stop sign onto Forby Road
– Follow Forby Road to the entrance of Kiwanis Camp Wyman
– Take a right and drive up the hill just outside the entrance sign for the camp.
*If you need assistance, please call Laura @ 314-952-2329